Tales of Arnoria: The Moon's betrayal


session 2

We decided to head up to the mines. The journey was tough. after we reached the top we set up camp just above the mine opening. In the morning we discovered one of the entrance support beams had fallen. Tracks were all over, bipedal and drag marks. There was also signs of a struggle.

upon entering the mines the map to the place was carved into the wall. As Haslo recreated the map I moved off to explore the office. Inside I found a key, spilled inked, mining logs of what went out of the mines, and a hidden journal. We also saw some drawing of a large, god-like being and a few smaller beings as if in a state of worship. Some had large heads, others buldging eyes I took the journal back to the group. After a few quick entries about a new green mineral they found on the 3rd floor we moved on, stopping at some strange rock formations. After Balthazar poked it with his sword something exploded and nasty, disgusting goblins were there. After a cramped battle we managed to catch one. It seemed more frightened of something larger than of us. Haslo managed to speak with it before it slipped out of the barbarian’s hands and went through the floor. Through the mountain floor? Haslo picked up a set of goggles and after much examination, found an enchantment that allows earthwalking. No wonder we did not see the little buggers. The goggles also glowed green, which was very much like the eyes in the night.

We continued on, following the tracks down to the second level. It was there at the end of a corridor that we discovered a pantry of horrors. Men were lined up alone the back wall in various forms of decay. Some were still alive. We let the cleric stabilize those that could be. We were attacked again. Haslo and Bathazlar ran off, leaving me with the cleric and the dying. The cleric was more help then I could imagine. He ran down the hall to help me see another goblin attacking. After defeating them we left the stabilized wounded in a pile to keep warm and to rest as we went on.

Of course there had to be a rope bridge over a deep abyss. Of course that was the shortcut. Of course that is the way we took. And of course that is were we were attacked by damn goblins trying to cut the ropes! Haslo stunned Balthazar for a few moments and we had to jump over him. But he made up for it by kicking the stunned goblins off the edge. Easy. More goblins including a bloody spellcaster were waiting. Dolfhin went down as Haslo ran around a corner. I followed as the goblins were doing a lot of damage. After a few tense moments the barbarian came too and took them down. After they went down we healed up and decided to go warn the town of the green eyes. We grabbed a survivor and brought him with us.

After making it down the mountain without tumbling to our deaths we dropped off the man with the local cleric. Haslo. being the diplomatic one, revealed that we were not mining inspectors sent out by the state and that the cause of the green eyes and missing goods. We tried to get some townsmen to come up with us in the morning but none wanted to come. As expected in the night the goblins showed up and took crates of the green ore but luckily not any townsfolk. We had to go back there.

We went back up that troublesome mountains and tracked back to the place we left. I hated crossing that bridge again. With the knife cuts it was worse than before. We did make it across. As we made it across there was a loud noise, as if something had exploded. Down towards the end of the tunnel there was a blinking light. Funny, that was the area the records mentioned the green mineral. There was a whisper in undercommon and we decided to check it out.

After fighting some nasty goblins, we made it to the room. The room was round, with a pile of stones in the middle and a large vein of the green mineral. Crates of the ore littered the room, some open some still nail shut. Explosion! Three mites had ambushed us. Luckily that wizard comes in handy and stunned them. One fell to his death, the other two we picked off. By that time we noticed the pile of stones were gone.

Fucking elementals! We were ambushed again! In its anger it revealed a handful of the ore. Was this the source or was the the thing in the drawings? It smashed into our cleric. It disappeared then ambushed the poor cleric again. He went down. After a few shots it grabbed the cleric and disappeared. By that time we were injured, and worried. He was gone for a bit as I searched for a way to follow the cleric. No man goes behind. The goggles left on the bench were not finished and would be of little use. The stone element returned without the cleric. I can not remember what happened next, just darkness. I came to sore and gasping. The element was dead, the cleric nowhere to be seen. The element’s hand was removed to be brought back to the High Paladin.

We had decided to stop by the corridor where the dying men lay. Some we had tried to save from yesterday lay dead, others beyond saving and a few able to be rescued. We took three men who looked the most promising. The rest, I am sad to say, we put out of their misery. They were dying, help would not reach them in time, why prolong the suffering?

We returned to the town and helped the men to the church to the cleric. After two uneventful nights and no goblin attacks, the place was safer once again and we went back to the city, one member less, a hand full of green ore that may save more lives, and many questions.



I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.